Chenowith Elementary Cleared After Smoke In Classroom

Chenowith Elementary School was cleared for about an hour today after smoke was detected in a classroom.  North Wasco County School District 21 Superintendent Candy Armstrong says students and staff were evacuated to the Wahtonka Campus Gym at about 11:15 a.m.  Mid-Columbia Fire & Rescue along with District Maintenance staff responded and found an issue with the heater in classroom 17 caused the smoke.  Students remained at Wahtonka Campus until the building was cleared, and returned to the building at 12:10 p.m.  The classroom has radiant heat, and Armstong says maintenance staff will ensure adequate and safe heat in the room until the repair can be made.  

Adblock Detected

We have detected that you are using an adblock in your browser’s plugin to disable advertising from loading on our website.

Your Experience is very important to us, and your Ad Blocker enabled will cause our site not to perform as expected.  Turn off the Ad Blocker or add our site to your exceptions.  After you turn off or add exception please refresh the site or click ok.

Please note: Clicking OK below will NOT disable your ad blocker. You will need to make that change within the ad blocker's settings.